Diversified Technique consists of many different types of adjustments that may help to correct biomechanical restrictions.
It involves a short-lever, high-velocity movement with specific contact on the spine.
What you can expect:
As the name suggests, this is a highly varied and wide-ranging group of techniques.
An example of a common adjustment you may experience: A side lying pelvis adjustment, where the chiropractor will lay you on your side and place a contact hand on your low-back area. He or she will use the weight of their own body or leg to bring you into a slightly ‘twisted’ position and then give a thrust through their contact hand.
- 1.Wong JJ1, Shearer HM2, Mior S3, Jacobs C4, et al. Are manual therapies, passive physical modalities, or acupuncture effective for the management of patients with whiplash-associated disorders or neck pain and associated disorders? an update of the bone and joint decade task force on neck pain and its associated disorders by the optima collaboration. Spine J. 2015 Dec 17. pii: S1529-9430(15)01234-6. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2015.08.024
- 2.Gross A, Langevin P, Burnie SJ, Bédard-Brochu MS, Empey B, Dugas E, Faber-Dobrescu M, Andres C, Graham N, Goldsmith CH, Brønfort G, Hoving JL, LeBlanc F. Manipulation and mobilisation for neck pain contrasted against an inactive control or another active treatment. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD004249. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004249.pub4.
- 3. Sidney M Rubinstein, Marienke van Middelkoop, Willem JJ Assendelft, et al. Spinal manipulative therapy for chronic low-back pain. Editorial Group: Cochrane Back Group . Published Online: 16 FEB 2011 – Assessed as up-to-date: 5 DEC 2009. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD008112.pub2
- 4.Willem JJ Assendelf, Sally C Morton, Emily I Yu, et al. Spinal manipulative therapy for low-back pain. Editorial Group: Cochrane Back Group. Published Online: 8 OCT 2008 – Assessed as up-to-date: 30 JAN 2000. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000447.pub2
- 5. Aleksander Chaibi, Jūratė Šaltytė Benth, Peter J Tuchin, Michael Bjørn Russell. Chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy for migraine: a study protocol of a single-blinded placebo-controlled randomised clinical trial. BMJ open 2015 5:e008095 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2015-008095
- 6. Tuchin PJ, Pollard H, Bonello R.. A randomized controlled trial of chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy for migraine. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2000;23:91–5. doi:10.1016/S0161-4754(00)90073-3 2. Gorrell LM, Beath K, Engel RM, Manual and Instrument applied cervical manipulation for Mechanical Neck Pain. A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2016 Jun;39(5):319-29
- 7. Saavedra_Hernandez M, Arroyo-Morales M, et al, Short-term effects of spinal thrust joint manipulation in patients with chronic neck pain: a randomized clinical trail. Clin Rehabil. 2013 Jun;27(6):504-12.
Mon: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Tues: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Wed: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Thurs: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Fri: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Sat: 8:30am - 1.00pm