Shock Wave Therapy
Shock Wave Therapy
Shockwave Therapy is a non-surgical, painless technique for musculoskeletal conditions. Acoustic waves with high energy peak used in Shockwave therapy interact with tissue causing overall effects of accelerated tissue repair and cell growth, analgesia and mobility restoration (1,2,5). Shockwave is an acoustic wave which carries high energy to painful spots and myoskeletal tissues with subacute, subchronic and chronic conditions.
– Tendinopathies (3,4,5)
– Plantar fasciitis (3,4, 5, 6, 7)
– Foot pain (5,6,7)
– Tennis elbow and Golfer’s elbow(3,4,5)
– Shoulder pain e.g. calcific lesions of the rotator cuff and bony spurs (3,4,5,8)
– Achilles tendonitis (3,4,5)
– Hamstring injuries (3,4,5)
– Osteoarthritis (9,10)
- Ogden JA, Tóth-Kischkat A, Schultheiss R. Principles of shock wave therapy. Clin Orthop. 2001;387:8–17.
- Siebert W, Buch M, editor. Extracorporeal shock waves in orthopaedics. Berlin, Springer Verlag; 1997. pp. 1–245
- Korakakis V, Whiteley R, Tzavara A, etal. The effectiveness of extracorporeal shockwave therapy in common lower limb conditions: a systemic review including quantification of patient-rated pain reduction. Br J Sports Med. 2018 Mar;52(6):387-407.
- Scmitz C, Csaszar NBM, Milz S, et al. Efficacy and safety of extracorporeal shockwave therapy for orthopaedic conditions: a systemic review on studies listedin the PEDro database. Br Med Bull. 2015 Dec; 116(1): 115–138.
- Ching-Jen Wang. Extracorporeal shock wave therapy in muscoculosketal disorders. J Orthop Surg Res. 2012; 7: 11.
- Vahdatpour B, Sajadieh, S et al. Extracorporeal shock wave therapy in patients with plantar fasciitis. A randomized, placebo-controlled trial with ultrasonographic and subjective outcome assessments. J Res Med Sci. 2012 Sep; 17(9): 834–838.
- Roerdink RL, Dievorst M et al Complications of extracorporeal shockwave therapy in plantar fasciitis: Systemic review. Int J Surg. 2017 Oct;46:133-145. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2017.08.587. Epub 2017 Sep 7.
- Moya D, Ramon S et al. Current knowledge on evidence based shockwave treatment for shoulder pathology. Int J. of surgery. 2015: 24. 171-178
- Zhao, Zhe et al. Efficacy of extracorporeal shockwave therapy for knee osteoarthritis: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Surgical Research, Vol 185;2:661-666
- Lee JH, Lee S et al. The effects of extracorporeal shockwave therapy on the pain and function of patients with degenerative knee artritis.J Phys Ther Sci. 2017 Mar;29(3):536-538.
- Mon: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Tues: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Wed: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Thurs: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Fri: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Sat: 8:30am - 1.00pm