Strapping tape and Supportive taping
Strapping tape and Supportive taping is commonly used at Tweed Coast Chiropractic to:
- relieve pain
- improve joint stability
- enhance athlete confidence
- reduce injury recurrence
- prevent injury.
Rigid strapping tape commonly used in taping or strapping is often referred to as “sports tape” or “athletic tape” and is most often a rigid style of strapping tape. It works by limiting motion and increasing mechanical stability at the joint.
Kinesiology taping acts to dynamically assist your muscle function. It’s aim is to enable it to be worn without binding, constricting or restriction of movement.
After an assessment, our chiropractors will design optimal taping to best meet the patients needs. These can include:
- stabilise or support the injury
- pain-relief via a de-loading of the vulnerable or painful structures
- or to facilitate normal movement, muscles or postural patterns.
1.Tsai FH, Chu IH, Huang CH et al (2018). Effects of Taping on Achilles Tendon protection and kendo performance. J Sport Rehabil. Mar 1;27(2):157-164
2.Aminaka N, Gribble PA. 2005. A Systematic Review of the effects of therapeutic taping on patellafemoral pain syndrome. J Athl Train. 2005 Oct-Dec; 40(4): 341–351.
3. Stoffel KK, Nicholls Rl et al (2010), Effect of ankle taping on knee and ankle joint biomechanics in sporting tasks. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010 Nov;42(11):2089-97
4. Warden SJ, Hinman RS et al (2008). Patellar taping and bracing for the treatment of chronic knee pain: A systematic review and mete analysis. Artrritis Care and research: 59 (1)
Call us for an appointment
(02) 6674 4032
- Mon: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Tues: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Wed: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Thurs: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Fri: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Sat: 8:30am - 1.00pm